Amazon Web Services Security Specialist certification
The AWS Certified Security – Specialty is intended for individuals who perform a security role with at least two years of hands-on experience securing AWS workloads.
Abilities Validated by the Certification
- An understanding of specialized data classifications and AWS data protection mechanisms
- An understanding of data encryption methods and AWS mechanisms to implement them
- An understanding of secure Internet protocols and AWS mechanisms to implement them
- A working knowledge of AWS security services and features of services to provide a secure production environment
- Competency gained from two or more years of production deployment experience using AWS security services and features
- Ability to make tradeoff decisions with regard to cost, security, and deployment complexity given a set of application requirements
- An understanding of security operations and risk
Recommended Knowledge and Experience
- At least two years of hands-on experience securing AWS workloads
- Security controls for workloads on AWS
- A minimum of five years of IT security experience designing and implementing security solutions
Related Self-paced Courses
Related Live Courses
What Is Next
After you submit your intake form and register the course, we will put you in an upcoming class based on your availability. Once we confirm your class schedule, we will email you your final class schedule.
IMPORTANT: To make the most of your training, it is highly recommended to add your class schedule to your personal calendar and attend all class sessions. We do NOT offer make-up sessions if you miss a session.