To determine if this course is right for you, ask yourself five simple questions:
- Are you new to cybersecurity and in need of an introduction to the fundamentals?
- Are you bombarded with complex technical security terms that you don’t understand?
- Do you need to be conversant in basic security concepts, principles, and terms, but do not need to dig in details?
- Have you decided to make a career change to take advantage of the job opportunities in cybersecurity and need self-paced training?
- Are you a manager who likes to know the big picture topics on cybersecurity?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, this course is for you. Jump-start your security knowledge by receiving insight and instruction from this practical course on critical introductory topics that are fundamental to cybersecurity.
In this practical self-paced training course, you learn about Cybersecurity, Cryptography, Computer Security, Application Security and Network Security. You will also learn about Penetration Testing and its Methodologies and Tools as well as Hacking. Specifically, you learn the differences between Hacking Vs Ethical Hacking and how to become an Ethical Hacker by reviewing its career guidelines.
Topics and Subtopics
The following outline is covered in this course:
1- Introduction to Cybersecurity
- Why we need Cybersecurity?
- Types of Cyber Attacks
- What is Cybersecurity?
- The CIA Triad
- How is Cybersecurity implemented?
2- Introduction to Cryptography
- Introduction to Cryptography?
- Encryption Algorithms
- How various Cryptographic Algorithms Works?
3- Introduction to Computer Security
- What is Computer Security?
- Computer Security Threats
- Best computer security practices
4- Introduction to Application Security
- What is cyber security?
- What is application security and why is it important?
- Application security checklist
- What is SQL Injection?
- Demo: How to perform SQL Injection
5- Introduction to Network Security
- What is network security?
- What is network security attack?
- Types of network security
- Network security jobs
6- What Is Penetration Testing – Methodologies and Tools
- What is Penetration Testing?
- What are the phases of a Penetration Test?
- What are different types of Penetration Testing?
- What tools are used for Penetration Testing?
7- An introduction to Hacking Vs Ethical Hacking
- General Perspective Towards Hacking and Ethical Hacking
- White Hat Hackers vs Black Hat Hackers
- Categories of Hacking
- Hackers vs Crackers
8- Ethical Hacking Career: A Career Guideline for Ethical Hacker
- Who is an Ethical Hacker?
- Requirements to Become an Ethical Hacker
- Roles & Responsibilities of an Ethical Hacker
- Ethical Hacker Skill Set
- Ethical Hacker Job Trends
- How much money does an ethical hacker make?
- Ethical Hacker Job Profiles
- Companies Hiring Ethical Hackers
Complete Training Bundle
If you are serious about becoming a pro system admin or cloud specialist, you should enroll in our System Admin- Complete Training Bundle. This bundle covers all essential and practical topics related to system administration. For $290 monthly subscription, you can have access to 300+ hours of hands-on project-based training covering all courses related to system administration like Linux, SQL, No-SQL, or Graph database development, bash scripting, Docker, Kubernetes and many more. Click here to learn more.
What Is Next?
After finishing this course, you can enroll in any of following classes:
Recommended Free Courses
If you are new to the IT or programming, we suggest the following free courses: